About Dr. Fischer:
Dr. Fischer graduated from Georgetown University School of Dentistry in 1973 where he then served as a Clinical Instructor in the Department of Dental Materials (1974-79). He currently serves on the faculty of the American College of Integrative Medicine and Dentistry.
In his post-graduate education he has accumulated over 4000 hours of professional training in various aspects of dentistry, as well as other health care sciences including clinical nutrition, cranial osteopathy, immunology, homeopathy, acupuncture and toxicology.
He has been awarded Fellowship Degrees by the Academy of General Dentistry (1983), The Academy of Stress and Chronic Disease, and The International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology (1992). He was also awarded Mastership Honors by the International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology, for which he also served as President (1994-1996).
He was awarded Board Certification by the American Naturopathic Medical Board in 1990. In 2011 The American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine conferred Board Certification on Dr. Fischer for his advanced achievements in treating patients with sleep apnea and snoring – one of only two dentists in Virginia ever to have earned this award.
Dr. Fischer was the first dentist ever to testify before Congress (2002, 2004, 2008) on the potential health and environmental risks of mercury from dental fillings. In addition to testifying before Congress on 3 occasions, he has also testified before NIH, EPA, the FDA, National Academies of Science, and the U.S. State Department.
He has had numerous scientific papers published in scientific journals in the U.S. and Europe and authored a chapter in the British textbook Complementary Therapies in Dental Practice (Butterworth – Heinemann, 1996).
Dr. Fischer is a member of many scientific and professional health organizations, including:
- Academy of General Dentistry (Fellow, Emeritus Member)
- American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine (Diplomate)
- American College of Integrative Medicine and Dentistry (Faculty)
- American Dental Association
- Cranial Academy
- Homeopathic Medical Society of Pennsylvania (Board of Trustees)
- International Academy of Biological Dentistry and Medicine (Charter Member)
- International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology (Accredited, Fellow, Master, Past President)
- Price-Pottenger Nutrition Foundation
- Southern Homeopathic Medical Association (Vice President)
Dr. Fischer has been in private practice in Annandale, Virginia since 1976. He has given well over 100 presentations throughout North America and Europe, has been quoted in many books on health, and has been featured in many television and radio shows.